Import for research
🔬 Application process:
- To import (live) animals, you must first obtain a possession permit by means of the permits portal. To import products of wild animals/protected species you must email an import permit application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To continue the import process, continue sections 3–8.
- In addition to obtaining the possession permit, you must follow the instructions page and submit a printed request as required, attach all the required documents as listed in the instructions and email them to email@example.com.
*For import of invertebrates, fish and plants there is no need for a permit from the ethics committee on experimentation (clause 6 on the instructions page).
*For import of amphibians, in addition to the above sections, applicants must read the document on import and possessions of amphibians by academic institutions and follow the instructions.
- Assessment and issuing of the permit will take up to 30 days.
- Import permits require payment of a fee. After your permit application is approved, you will receive an email with the amount of the fee and details of payment procedure.
- The import permit is valid for six months and for one shipment only.
- Once you have received the permit, you must contact the veterinary services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire whether a health permit is needed.
- Forty-eight hours before the shipment arrives, you must inform the INPA’s representative by email or text of the flight details of the shipment. Contact information appears on the permit.
- After the shipment arrives or the permit expires you must report to the permits department on the quantities that were actually imported (and also report non-use of the permit).