Export for research purposes
- To export (live) animals, you must first obtain a possession permit by means of the permits portal.
- In addition to obtaining the possession permit, you must email a typed request to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching the export permit application. To this application you must attach the import permit, and/or any other relevant documents, from the country of import. You must also attach the original* permit for the species. ⚠️ When filling out the form make sure you note quantities and full scientific names.
- Assessment and issuing of the permit will take up to 30 days.
- Export permits require payment of a fee. After your permit application is approved, you will receive an email with the amount of the fee and details of payment procedure.
- The export permit is valid for six months and for one shipment only.
- Once you have received the permit, you must contact the veterinary services at email@example.com to inquire whether a health permit is needed.
- Forty-eight hours before the shipping time, you must inform the INPA’s representative by email or text of the flight details of the shipment. Contact information appears on the permit.
- After the shipment is exported or the permit expires you must report to the permits department on the quantities that were actually exported (and also report non-use of the permit).
*Original permit – permit to harm a protected natural resource and/or the import permit attesting to legal possession of the wild animals and/or protected species.