Export of Wild Plants

IMG-20190828-WA0007 Photography: Dr. Margareta Walczak โ€“ Science Division, INPA

๐ŸŒฟApplication process:

  1. You must first obtain a permit for commerce through the permits portal to register as an authorized importer by the Israel Nature and Parks Authority.
  2. In addition to obtaining the permit for commerce, you must send a printed request to import@npa.org.il, attaching the export permit application. To this application you must also attach the original* permit for the species. When filling out the form make sure you note quantities and full scientific names.
  3. Assessment and issuing of the permit will take up to 30 days.
  4. Products made only from plants do not require payment of a fee.
  5. The export permit is valid for six months and for a one shipment only.
  6. When you receive the export permit you must contact the Plant Protection Department of the Ministry of Agriculture, to determine whether an additional permit is needed: refaelg@moag.gov.il
  7. Forty-eight hours before the shipping time, you must inform the INPA’s representative by email or text of the flight details of the shipment. Contact information appears on the permit.
  8. After the shipment is exported or the permit expires you must report to the permits department on the quantities that were actually exported (and also report non-use of the permit).

*Original permit โ€“ permit for possession and/or commerce and or an import permit attesting to your legal possession of the wild animals and/or protected species.