Hermon Stream (Banias) Nature Reserve
waterfall and hanging trail area
Meet Hermon Stream (Banias) Nature Reserve – waterfall and hanging trail area
History, heritage and nature
The largest waterfall in Israel is in the Nahal Hermon Nature Reserve (Banyas). Above the year-round flow of water there is a “hanging trail”.
Make sure you get in – Reserve now
Reserving your visit through the reservation system ensures a spot on the date and time you’ve requested; you’ll also receive relevant updates for your planned visit.
Attention: Entering the water is prohibited due to flora and fauna conservation and safety concerns.
Main points of interest
- The Banyas Waterfall – the Banyas is the most powerful waterfall in Israel – it falls 10 meters with enormous force and noise into a beautiful pool surrounded by vegetation. You can view the waterfall (and get wet from the splashing water) from the well-built wooden boardwalk. The noise of the flowing water and the spectacular sight make this a most enjoyable.
- The Hanging Trail – the Nature and Parks Authority has made part of the stream accessible by means of the “hanging trail”, 100 meters long, along which you can walk close to the rushing waters.
- Banias Springs– The Banias Springs are located in the Hermon (Banias) Stream Nature Reserve, together with unique remains of human heritage.
Hermon Stream (Banias) Nature Reserve – waterfall and hanging trail areaUseful Information
Entrance to the park closes one hour before cited closing timeSummer hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 17:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 16:00 - 08:00 Winter hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 16:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 15:00 - 08:00 Holiday eves: 13:00 - 08:00 Yom Kippur eve: 13:00 - 08:00
Entry will be permitted only upon showing confirmation of reservation and only at the time shown.
04-6902577 Springs 04-6950272 waterfall and hanging trailFax: 04-6904066 Springs, 04-6950272 waterfall and hanging trail Facebook of Nature and Parks Authority Instagram of Nature and Parks Authority
No entrance to dogs, except service dogs.
- The Banias Waterfall is not accessible to wheelchair-users.
- There are no picnic tables in the waterfall area.
- There are steps along the hanging trail.
- The other trails consist of natural ground along the existing topography.
From Road 99, from Kiryat Shmona or Mas’adeh, about 15 minutes.
In Waze, type: Banias Waterfall parking lot
Reserving a visit to Hermon Stream (Banias) Nature Reserve – waterfall and hanging trail area
|Adult in group||₪ 24.00|
|Child in group||₪ 12.00|
|Israeli senior citizen||₪ 14.00|