Akhziv National Park
Meet Akhziv National Park
Blue bays and rocky crevices, sandstone ridges and rare plants, sea turtle nesting sites, the remains of the biblical town of Akhziv, and the sea-pool bathing beach
Make sure you get in – Reserve now
Reserving your visit through the reservation system ensures a spot on the date and time you’ve requested; you’ll also receive relevant updates for your planned visit.
Main points of interest
- Lagoons and sea pools – at the Akhziv bathing beach and national park there are sea pools that are a wonderful combination of natural phenomenon and the work of man. There are two sea pools on the beach: a shallow pool, and a deep-water pool.
- Picnic areas and outdoor recreation areas –Akhziv National Park has extensive picnic and camping areas for the use of visitors (around 25 dunams), as well as a regulated bathing beach.
- The ancient fishing village – the ruins of the center of an ancient fishing village, built of local stone.The former Club Med holiday village – in the south of the park is a sandy bathing beach and enchanting lagoon.
Rosh Hanikra Beach Nature Reserve – a declared nature reserve. The nature reserve covers an area of 230 dunams, and is 2300 m long and 100 m wide, from the shore to the railway line. Betset Beach, an authorized bathing beach, segments the nature reserve.
- Rosh Hanikra National Park – the park includes the western part of the Ladder Ridge, from the seashore to an elevation of 130 m above sea level. Within the area of the national park are the famous crevices of Rosh Hanikra, and underwater caves produced by the waves striking the limestone cliffs – a unique natural phenomenon in Israel. The Rosh Hanikra site is in the national park, and offers a cable car descending to the crevices, an audiovisual display in the railway tunnel, and a tourist train travelling between Rosh Hanikra and Akhziv National Park.
- Day and overnight camping – within the Akhziv National Park is a parking lot that serves as a starting point for touring the area, and an overnight camp site.
Akhziv National ParkUseful Information
Entrance to the park closes one hour before cited closing timeSummer hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 17:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 16:00 - 08:00 Winter hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 16:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 15:00 - 08:00 Holiday eves: 13:00 - 08:00 Yom Kippur eve: 13:00 - 08:00
There are no bathing services [M1] at the southern bathing beach – the “former Club Med beach” – in the 2018 season. Bathing is prohibited on this beach.
Hours on the rest of the beach in July and August: 8:00–19:00.
Entry to the overnight campgrounds [M2] from noon. Exit at noon the next day. On holidays and Saturday we recommend you arrive early; entry is based on available space.
04-9823263Email: email@example.com Fax: 04-9522181 Facebook of Nature and Parks Authority Instagram of Nature and Parks Authority
Dogs may not be brought into the reserve!
- Visitor service center
- Picnic grounds
- Access for visitors in wheelchairs
3 km north of Yesod Hama’ala junction (Road 90: Rosh Pina – Kiryat Shemona), turn east.
Reserving a visit to Akhziv National Park
|Adult in group||₪ 30.00|
|Child in group||₪ 18.00|
|Israeli senior citizen||₪ 18.00|
|Subscription – adult||₪ 48.00|
|Subscription – child||₪ 43.00|