Bet Guvrin National Park
Meet Bet Guvrin National Park
Bet Guvrin – Maresha National Park is at the very heart of the “Land of a Thousand Caves”.
Make sure you get in – Reserve now
Reserving your visit through the reservation system ensures a spot on the date and time you’ve requested; you’ll also receive relevant updates for your planned visit.
Main points of interest
- Tel Maresha
- Maresha Caves
- The northern city complex
- The reconstructed ancient wine press and olive press
- Tel Maresha – a mound identified with the biblical Maresha.
- The Maresha Caves, among them the impressive cisterns, olive presses, columbarium caves, and burial caves of the Phoenicians who lived in the city, in which rare wall paintings have been restored.
- The northern city complex, with significant remains from the Roman period (an impressive amphitheater, bath house, walls), and the remains of a Crusader fortress with a church, dining room, workshops, and underground vaults.
- The reconstructed ancient wine press and olive press.
Bet Guvrin National ParkUseful Information
Last entry at least one hour before closing, to allow you to enjoy some of the siteSummer hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 17:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 16:00 - 08:00 Winter hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 16:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 15:00 - 08:00 Holiday eves: 13:00 - 08:00 Yom Kippur eve: 13:00 - 08:00
The national park is closed on Yom Kippur
The Bell Caves
- observation points and signage for the visually impaired.
The Crafts Courtyard
- Facilities and pavilion
- picnic area
The Sidonian Cave Square
- souvenir store
- special visual aids for the visually impaired.
- People with considerable mobility impairments are advised to visit with a companion.
Visitors service center
Opposite Kibbutz Bet Guvrin, on the Bet Shemesh – Kiryat Gat road.
Road 35 divides the national park into two areas – south and north. In the southern area is Tel Maresha and its caves, and in the northern area – the remains of settlements from Roman and Crusader times.
Reserving a visit to Bet Guvrin National Park
|Adult in group||₪ 24.00|
|Child in group||₪ 12.00|
|Israeli senior citizen||₪ 14.00|